Wood Countertops in Henderson, NV | Get Matched With Local

Free Junk Removal Henderson NV


The Solid Waste Division of Public Works handles a multitude of items within the City of Henderson.

The staff consists of one (1) supervisor, two (2) employees on brush crew, and one (1) employee on recycle.

The Solid Waste Division is responsible for household garbage, small curbside trash, bulky trash, recyclables, yard debris and loose leaf collection. Household garbage, small curbside trash, bulky trash, and yard debris are collected weekly on the same collection day.

The City of Henderson contracts with Waste Industries for the collection of household garbage and small curbside trash. One (1) ninety-five (95) gallon roll out cart is provided to each utility account address for the collection and disposal of household garbage. Small items that will not fit into the cart may be left neatly at the curb next to the roll out cart for collection by Waste Industries. Roll out carts are assigned to the address and not the resident at the address. When a resident moves, the roll out carts must stay with the address. A fee of $75.00 will be charged to occupants removing cart from residence.

Household garbage must be bagged prior to being put in roll out cart. Carts must be rolled to the curb on your scheduled collection day.

Roll out carts must be placed at the curb by 6:00 a.m. on the day of collection and removed from the curb by 7:00 p.m. on the day of collection. Carts may be rolled to the curb on the evening prior to collection not earlier than 6:00 p.m. If you need to know which day your garbage will be collected on, please click this website and follow instructions. Waste Industries collects garbage every holiday except Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Day and New Years Day. The city sanitation staff will follow the same schedule for brush and recyclable removal.

Those citizens requiring assistance with roll out carts may apply for an exemption (go to Public Works Forms & Schedules for the Exemption Form) with medical certification. Resident must live alone and be medically unable to roll cart to curb. The Public Services Director will visit each residence applying for exemption to verify information about residents in the home. Waste Industries has made available 65 gallon and 35 gallon carts for residents that have backdoor service but with a smaller cart can be moved to curbside collection. Please contact the Pubic Services Department if you wish to switch your large cart for a smaller one.

Bulky trash (couches, bookcases, mattresses, large furniture) items must be scheduled for collection by calling the administrative at 252-431-6115. All bulky trash left at the curb and weighing over 200 pounds carries a charge of $75.00 per hour with a $75.00 minimum. This charge is added to your utility bill. If the house is vacant, the property owner will receive an invoice for the fee. Property owners within Vance County may take their trash to the transfer station free of charge.

Recyclables are collected every other week on the same day as household trash by City staff members. The Public Services Department provides 18 gallon totes for the disposal of recycles. Citizens wishing to use their old garbage cans or other larger containers may do so but the container must be clearly marked as recycle. Go to Public Services Forms & Schedules, click on Calendar of Events for collection schedule.

The State of North Carolina has banned certain items from the landfill and those items must be recycled. Effective October 1, 2009 those items must be recycled:
Aluminum Cans Lead-Acid Batteries Antifreeze
Appliances Motor Oil Oyster Shells
Yard Waste Scrap Tires Oil Filters
Pallets Plastic Bottles
Beverage Containers from ABC permitted facilities

Convenience sites throughout Vance County have recyclable collection bins and any citizens within the County may take recycles to the sites free of charge.

Effective July 1, 2011 – Fluorescent Light Bulbs must be recycled (this does not include households)
Vance County will install pods at 2 convenience sites (Broddie Road and Hwy. 39 North) in Vance County for the collection of computers, monitors and televisions and any citizen within the County may take these items to the sites free of charge.
Work is underway by Vance County for the fluorescent light bulbs but no final decisions have been made at this time.

Share this article

Related Posts

Latest Posts
Junk Removal Tuscaloosa AL
Junk Removal…
The city of Tuscaloosa Environmental…
Junk Removal in Orlando FL
Junk Removal…
2-in-1 Service College Hunks Hauling…
Junk Removal - Foothills Yuma AZ
Junk Removal…
Need help with a big couch, kitchen stuff…
Free Junk Removal Huntington Beach
Free Junk Removal…
Searching for A Junk Removal Service…
San Antonio Junk Removal
San Antonio Junk…
College Hunks Hauling Junk and Moving…
Featured posts
  • Free Junk Removal Services
  • Free Junk Removal service Toronto
  • Clutter free Junk Removal service
  • Free Junk Removal Madison WI
  • Free Junk Removal Louisville Kentucky
  • Free Junk Removal Naples FL
  • Free Junk Removal New Jersey
  • Free Junk Removal Long Island
  • Free Junk Removal Memphis TN
Copyright © 2024 l junk-removal.biz. All rights reserved.