Household Junk Removal Chillicothe Ohio
Residents must go to the Service Department (35 South Paint Street), show proof of address and driver's license or vehicle registration to obtain a parking permit. Permits are free of charge and enforced for one calendar year. Only one permit is allowed per household.
Trash Pick Up Services
- All trash should be at the curb or alley by 6:00 a.m. Refuse may not be placed out for pickup prior to 24 hours before collection.
- Waste materials shall be placed in non-disposable metal and/or plastic refuse containers with a tight fitting lid and handles, or in plastic bags. Containers may not exceed 40-gallon capacity or weigh more than 40 pounds or they will not be picked up. Plastic bags must be at least 1.5 mills thick and securely tied. No container or bundle will exceed four feet in length.
- Refuse bags must be placed loosely in 45 gallon containers or less for easy removal. Trash in containers more than 45 gallons must be in garbage bags.
- Containers holding water or ice will not be emptied.
- The city will not be responsible for containers, especially plastic garbage cans in freezing weather.
- Paper bags are not to be used as containers for waste materials. Cardboard boxes must be broken down, split and tied in a bundle weighing not more than forty (40) pounds and not more than four feet in length.
- The following items will not be collected: hot ashes or burning embers, rocks, concrete or large stones, construction and/or demolition materials, tires, motor oil, flammable liquids and paint, poisonous or explosive substances, batteries or hazardous waste materials. The city cannot pick up appliances due to transfer station restrictions.
- Special days for collecting or dropping off bulk or large items such as furniture, carpet, etc. will be established each year as funding, equipment, and staffing resources allow. Information regarding this will be announced in the local media.
- Leaves are picked up during the annual Fall Leaf Collection Program. Do not mix brush, branches or other yard waste with the leaves.
- Brush, hedge trimmings, grass clipping and tree limbs can be discarded by Chillicothe residents for free at the Yard Waste Disposal Site located at 415 S. Renick Avenue. Hours of operation will vary throughout the year
- Medical waste including needles and syringes must be placed in a hard plastic container with a cap. Special containers are available at the hospital or local pharmacies. All wound dressings, pads and other medical waste should be disposed of properly in a protective plastic bag.
- Broken glass, light bulbs and other sharp objects shall not be disposed of without first securely wrapping them in heavy paper, cloth or other...